Teton Pass

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My "First" Offense

The latest excitement in my Bike and Build life has been my involvement in a scandal at a bar in a Bowling Alley with a bartender named Renee. It all began around 6am when we entered the Bowling Alley for pancakes, French toast and eggs, which by the way was amazing. I played a couple rounds of bowling and then Renee got rowdy. She challenged us all to a beer drinking competition. She said she could drink one beer in 7 seconds and a bottle of wine in 15. Let me give you a visual of Renee, a woman who singlehandedly won a "husband Calling" competition at the state fair last year.


The only foolish people to accept were Win, Courtney and me. I call this foolish only because drinking in your bike and build jersey before a ride is against bike and build policy. I put first in quotations because this is the first time alcohol related offenses have been punished on this trip, which is why we accepted the challenge so willingly. We didn't realize we would actually be punished. However, when all was said and done Renee took the cake, Win, Courtney and I were punished with triple laundry duty, and I ate ample amounts of bowling alley French toast afterwards. Lesson learned: It's still OK to live in the moment as far as I'm concerned, rock on Renee.

No comments: