Teton Pass

Monday, August 6, 2007

Leaving Missoula entering the Naked Mile

Our day off in Missoula was just what we all needed. Bikers and young people were everywhere plus they had a movie theater that served beer, wine, hard liquor, cider and hot cocoa, so basically everything you need. Win, Kyle and I went on a date to see Sicko which I recommend everyone see. If you have ever spent more than 15 minutes on the phone with an insurance company you will appreciate it. No offense Uncle Tom. We also were lucky enough to find a great cliff jumping spot. After standing on the cliff for about 15 minutes I finally jumped, but I didn't take as long as Anne. Here are some pics:





In the days after leaving Missoula, and pretty much ever since we entered Wyoming the scenery has been beautiful, breathtaking...all those words. More importantly, everyday has been amazingly fun. We have been swimming, hiking, and eating so much good food. It's pretty much perfect out here in the West, besides this crazy church we are staying at tonight but I'll get into that later.

On one day in particular lunch was at a gorgeous river where we could all go swimming. I usually spend about 40 minutes at lunch, AT THE MOST. On this day I was there for 2.5 hours. It was so relaxing.





After lunch Terra and I took off down a frontage road. It was downhill and there was no one in site. About 2 miles in we see Greg pedaling up the hill towards us. My first thought was, "Great we went the wrong way and now we have to go back." Greg's first thought was apparently, "This is the perfect road for a naked mile." Now dad before you get all worked up I have to give you some background here. The Naked Mile is ingrained in the very history of Bike and Build and has been performed with astounding skill and beauty for six years now all across the country. We have heard about it since Rhode Island and now that we finally had the perfect road it had to be done. Sadly about 2 minutes later Greg got a flat. While he changed his tire Terra and I raced back towards lunch to gather more riders. 20 minutes later Terra, Greg, Sam, Courtney, Marie, Anne, Amelia, and I stripped down and jumped on our bikes. It was well, shall I say quite breezy. Half a mile into the ride a car passed. A second later another car passed, this driver was not smiling like the last one. Then to top off the ride a train passed us by and we got a lot of hoots and hollers from the conductors.

Afterwards we quickly dressed and pretended it never happened. In addition, I will post no pictures from this event.

No comments: