Teton Pass

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Sand State

I never knew Nebraska was so dry and barren for sooo many miles. We just entered Wyoming tonight and I hope there is a change in scenery, so far it's not looking so good though. This picture displays the first photo worthy stop I made on an 87 mile day, notice the picture still includes a great deal of sand.



The sand cafe, gave Bike and Builders an amazing break on our century ride by providing us all with free water, lemonade and cinnamon rolls. The ladies of the sand cafe were so sweet. The best part was that on the walls of their this tiny french toast paradise, were pictures of Bike and Builders from years past who had taken the same route. This year was no different. They got out their Polaroid and snapped group shots of us in our 2007 gear, it'll be a great treat for next years crew to see us up on that wall.

border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5088714797879043522" />

This is Marie's corn cob that she brings with her everywhere, here we shared a windy moment with tumbleweeds.



Yes folks, this gas station in Chadron Nebraska does have the worlds greatest nachos.



This is what happens when 20 Bikers enter a room.



Today was exhausting.
We rode 81 miles.
Around mile 52 I began losing vision and then blacked out completely.
My fellow bikers stopped with me and created shade with their bodies.
Lauren gave me her extra water.
It was all very dramatic.

This library is closing now and I'm off to bed. I hope the couch I've reserved back at the church still has my sleeping bag on it! Goodnight

No comments: