Teton Pass

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A 30 mph tail wind!

Terra and I had the wind at our backs the day we swept the bikers from Route 20 and it was awesome. This 100 mile day was yet another sandy and hot endeavor but we did have a fire house to look forward to staying in once we got to Shoshoni, and anyone who knows me knows I love firemen! My motivation was there. We had also been hearing about an infamous malt shop in Shoshoni so we could cool down from the 103 degree heat.

The day ended up being a show consistent ride in the beginning but it was great to ride with Terra because she is one of the, shall we say "speedier" riders on the trip and she also doesn't lolly gag in the mornings, so I don't get to ride with her often. She told me about the time she spent in New Zealand and her first bike ride which was apparently a lot like my amateur century ride on a mountain bike.

Our big scenic adventure of the day was first lunch stop, Hell Half Acre. Little known fact, this is where the huge blockbuster hit "Starship Troopers" was filmed.





Another little known fact. It's a lot bigger than a half acre.


After first lunch and second lunch Terra and I were lucky enough to receive an amazing tailwind. We were easily going 30 mph on flat land all the way to Shoshoni, so we brushed through the last 60 miles. It was amazing. I have decided that wind is the end all be all to biking. Hills and mountains are nothing, it all depends on the wind.


No comments: