Teton Pass

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Short cuts, a tumble and bears oh my!

I awoke in wellsboro, PA on the porch of the church youth center surrounded by our entire group. The night before was not a very good sleep. This particular morning Win and I were off to a very slow start and once again we were distracted by a quaint diner on the side of the road. We chalked our location for the sweeps and planned to get only a cup of coffee. Naturally i ordered two eggs, corn beef hash, and toast. The entire staff was amazing as they ended up paying for us and giving us an alternative route which led us around the hills! We left the diner full of food and hope that we would possibly pass at least one biker on the road, now that we had this shortcut.

This is where things went a little sour (this will be the dramatic version). We were zooming down this country road and a bear crossed the street in front of us! We didn't know what to do so we started making loud noises to scare it away. The bear roared and roared, tossing anything in its way towards us. Win and I dodged these objects and i created a diversion with my arm warmers. As i was saving a little boy from the bears grasp my bike hit a divot in the road and i tipped over, hitting my head and my side on the cement. I awoke to the calming sound of Wins voice. There was no longer a bear and all i can really remember is this story.

Truth: We saw a bear. I fell later on. Slight injury. One day in the van. Headache.
Lie: No little boy was injured during this day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Headache? Are you sure someone didn't drop a speaker and a woofer on your passed-out head?

Anonymous said...

good luck, kiddoh. miss having you around. be careful.

Anonymous said...

Jeepers cuz!!!! Be careful out there! Bears toss stuff? Wow. Maybe someone should start a bear soccer league. I bet that would be fun to watch.