Teton Pass

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rumble strips: The ride to wellsboro

There were hills, hills, and more hills. But besides that there are these great things called rumble strips about every 10miles. Now those really hurt the hands. So i was almost done with this 70 mile trip when my tire blows. I changed it myself for the first time and rode down the hill. This is where Win and I decided we would need two dinners Our first dinner french toast and chili cheese dogs. Then we begged two separate hotels for showers and a subway restaurant for dinner. No dice at the subway, they said they couldn't accommodate 30 people - lame. But we did find a motel which gave us one shower. So by 9:30 my chore group cooked up dinner and by 10:30 i was in my sleeping bag outside where apparently there is a large slug population. I woke up this morning with 6 slugs stuck to me, gross. Logan pointing the first one out which was sleeping on my pillow. EW Tonight im staying on the porch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes....our beloved PA slugs. They apparently love beer, so set a pan of it out next time and they'll head for that...and drown. Let's just hope you're not in their pathway to the beer!

Zack (from Potter County,PA)

Anonymous said...

Some pics I took as you all passed thru our town today...
B&BPics

Zack