Teton Pass

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I hate railroad tracks...and so do Amelia and Elle





The ride from Youngstown, OH started out lovely. First off I was with some great people: Kyle, Emily, Win and Greg. We did the usual stop for ice cream, stop for coffee, stop for kyle and win every 5 miles because they dropped their chain...anyways.



We get to this dreaded railroad track and things went all wrong. I know the drill. You get to the track and you go over them perpendicular, just like leader Tommy taught us. Well i started doing that and then this track got all crazy on me, it twisted and turned, and i got all confused and fell over right there. This time i made sure to keep my head far away from the ground because there was no way I was going to pay $45 for another helmet. So I am laying on the ground in gravel and a car slows down right next to me. I am bleeding and alone, bike shorts torn. Obviously injured. The older couple in the car looks at me, gives me the once over, and then speeds away!! So i get up, get back on my scratched up bike and ride on. But here is the damage.



So the best part was that i got to our destination and i find out that both Elle and Amelia fell on the same exact tracks! So i wasn't the only one.

On a more positive note, Derrick is back. He is crazy, amazing, unbelievable...etc and is riding even though he has a broken pelvic bone. He just can't stay away.

No comments: