Teton Pass

Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Build Part

After a strenuous couple of days of orientation games,

Learning how to change tires, spokes, and the bike man using all sorts of words i dont know, i am just hoping nothing goes wrong with my bike from here to seattle...

We did get an amazing dinner last night from the lovely folks at a local church


Although i did eat heartily it was not enough to make me a strong builder as was seen by todays events. We awoke at 7:00 am and were bussed over to our first project site of the trip. A house that already had a basement and a first floor, but obviously there was still a lot to do.

My first job was to move a lot of wood from one pile to another. This i was good at.

My next job was to wrap the house in tyvek. This is something I can say I will never really want to do again. After that i took on a lot of odd jobs like hammering, raking and moving dirt. By 11:30 it started to rain too hard and we had to stop working altogether. So the rest of the day is ours! I have to to say on our next build i hope we are painting!

No comments: